The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission is a nationally recognized and award winning organization whose mission is to manage physical growth and plan communities, protect and steward natural, cultural, and historic resources, and provide leisure and recreational experiences. The organization serves citizens within Montgomery and Prince George's counties and employs over 5000 full time and seasonal employees.
The organization is seeking a highly skilled Principal/Senior Compensation and Classification Specialist to work in its Human Resources and Management headquarters located in Riverdale, Maryland.
- Leading and conducting corporate compensation studies and developing implementation strategies, rules and regulations;
- Analyzing salary structures in both union and non-union environment; participating in salary surveys and analyzing market pricing;
- Providing analytical support to management during union negotiations;
- Reviewing compensation programs to ensure compliance with rules and regulations, competitiveness and proper administration;
- Functions as lead for team in automation utilizing Lawson Business Applications, including testing and troubleshooting system;
- Providing expert and creative solutions to user requirements, inquiries and issues;
- Developing reports and queries as required;
- Leading and conducting job classification and evaluation using point factor evaluation system and preparing written report on findings;
- Drafting classification specifications/position descriptions along with corresponding reports; determining proper occupational series and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) designation; and,
- Interacting with clients daily.
The Principal position will lead these duties while the Senior will participate in these duties.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an excellent understanding of Compensation and Classification principles and practices and its applications and relationships to other Human Resource programs.
- Possess recent hands-on Compensation and Classification experience as a sole or primary responsibility;
- Knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)/Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP) (preferably Lawson).
- Be motivated and a self-starter with excellent analytical, collaborative, written and oral presentation skills.
- Possess a Certified Compensation Professional designation; and,
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Salary Range Principal: $58,556 - $79,475 - $100,394
Salary Range Senior: $51,704 - $70,088 - $88,476
The Commission offers excellent benefits and competitive salaries. Visit www.mncppc.org/jobs/ for additional information and to apply on-line.