Economic Development Manager
The Collaborative Firm, LLC, a land use planning and real estate development firm based in East Point, GA, is seeking a qualified Economic Development Manager to join our team of professionals. This position performs economic development and support work to our client base to broaden their retail, commercial, and industrial base.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts statistical and analytical research on economic and development issues and identify information needed to conduct studies from varying sources including but not limited to databases, field investigations, publications, government reports and records, department files and personal interviews; analyze data pertaining to development, land use, demographic conditions, and future projections; identifies trends and/or develops projections; prepares research reports and present information as requested, and may serve as an economic development staff extension.
- Works with various private and public sector organizations and agencies, management, staff, and elected officials to provide accurate and timely information related to issues and areas of political interest or concern; and ensure project management goals and objectives are met and within required timeline.
- Exercises independent judgment within broad policy guidelines; evaluates and analyzes issues, and recommends and implements solutions.
- Responds to requests for information from business prospects, clients, and residents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in urban planning, economic development, marketing, public or business administration, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in an economic development, marketing, business attraction and/or development research, community development planning, or a related field.
- Five - Seven (5-7) years' experience in an economic development environment in a municipal setting;
- Designation as a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD).
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job, may be substituted for Preferred Qualifications.
- Planning, organizing, preparing, presenting and defending reports and studies
- Making complex decisions and interpretation in accordance with established rules, policies and procedures
- Problem solving and decision making
- Research, analysis, and the preparation of recommendations to management
- Group facilitation
- Computer software including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc.; availability to attend night meetings
Salary & Benefits
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Cover letters and résumés should be submitted for consideration via email to email@example.com, or by fax to (404) 684-7033.