The Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) is seeking a Construction Safety Manager. The position will reside within Business Services reporting to the Risk Services Manager. Under minimal supervision, this position will provide risk, safety and loss prevention support services to BES's Engineering Services Group/Construction and the Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) 75% of the time and the other 25% provide safety and health support services to BES's Operations. Groups. Some of the duties will include, but not limited to:
OSHA construction regulatory compliance;
provide risk/safety leadership and coaching to Engineering Services staff;
development and implementation of safety and health policies and procedures;
developing general construction safety provisions and specifications;
conducting project site safety inspections, audits and reports;
tracking incidents, monitor trends and recommend correction action;
coordinate site safety visits with various insurers;
provide direction, leadership and oversight of a Construction Safety Field Specialist;
review of prime contractor and subcontractor site specific safety and health plans;
hold contractors and subcontract tiers accountable for their site safety and health plans;
investigate, manage and monitor incidents, accidents and claims.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
Advanced knowledge of constructions rules, regulations, principles and practices.
Knowledge and experience managing a construction risk, safety and loss prevention program.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of construction risks and hazard identification, abatement and control techniques.
Ability to advance equity, culture and maintain effective working relationships with employees, contractors and public.
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and present information/proposals to management and leadership teams.
Ability to exercise independent judgment, problem-solve, and take initiative within established procedures and guidelines.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is annual.
About City of Portland, Bureau of Environmental Services
Environmental Services protects public health, water quality and the environment. We provide sewage and stormwater collection and treatment services to accommodate Portland's current and future needs. We protect the quality of surface and ground waters and conduct activities that plan and promote healthy ecosystems in our watersheds.