Raftelis is a national industry leader in financial, organizational, communication, and technology consulting for utilities and the public sector. We provide insights and expertise to help public agencies operate as high-performing, sustainable entities, and, ultimately, make their communities better places to live, work, and play.
The Associate Consultant or Consultant (depending on experience) will work in either our Cincinnati or Charlotte office.
Raftelis is searching for a new team member to join our Management Consulting Team in our Organizational Assessment Practice. Work in our Organizational Assessment Practice includes reviews of organizational structure, calculating appropriate staffing levels, identifying accepted best practices that are scalable in a variety of contexts, making specific, implementable recommendations, and effectively communicating those recommendations in writing and in public presentations to a variety of audiences.
The right person is intellectually curious, naturally analytical, and an excellent writer. This team member, depending on experience, will fill a variety of roles – sometimes being the lead consultant working with an Associate Consultant and our Organizational Assessment Practice Leader, and other times being part of a large team working with more senior managers and subject matter experts. This position is intended for someone who is interested in broadening their impact on local governments and utilities through consulting.
What you will be doing:
· Helping local government and utility organizations develop and implement strategies to improve their performance, generating higher levels of service at a better value for the people they serve.
· Collecting and using data in sophisticated models to support a variety of financial and economic analyses, as well as survey analysis.
· Utilizing your communication skills to create reports and deliver presentations for a wide variety of audiences from other professionals to the public.
· Support other consultants in the development and execution of organizational assessment and strategic planning projects. You will learn from the industry leaders about financial, technology, and management consulting.
· A bachelor’s degree
· A constant drive to be better and know there is always something new to learn
· Experience using Microsoft Excel and other tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) to analyze large data sets
· A desire to work hard, perform at a high level, and be compensated appropriately for it
· A willingness to travel overnight (up to 25%)
· Very strong written and verbal communication skills
It would be great if you had:
· Master’s degree in public administration, business, public policy, or a related field
· Three to five years of experience working for a local government or utility
· Experience with performance improvement methods such as Lean and Six Sigma
Working for a values-based organization focused on growth with an exceptional reputation in its industry, employees receive competitive compensation, generous bonus structure and excellent benefits that include:
· Company paid medical and dental benefits
· Health Savings Account with company contributions
· Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Vision Insurance
· Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
· Discretionary paid time off program and education reimbursement program
· 401(k) with company contributions
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Raftelis is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and our sincere belief in the dignity of each employee, it is our policy to prohibit harassment based on race, national origin, color, age, sex, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual preference, medical condition, disability, religion, or veteran status.
To learn more about Raftelis and apply: First review of applications will take place on June 21. Please visit www.raftelis.com to learn more and apply.
Raftelis is an industry leader in financial, organizational, communication, and technology consulting for utilities and the public sector. We provide insights and expertise to help government agencies operate as high-performing, sustainable entities, and, ultimately, make their communities better places to live, work, and play.
BACK TO TOP
NFBPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NFBPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NFBPA Career Center.