The salary listed on this job posting is the starting salary range; amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
Assists with the planning and preparation of budgets including monitoring expenditures, and makes recommendations on cost adjustments to avoid overruns.
1. Assists in the development and preparation of budgets for a department, division or facility to achieve accurate fiscal accountability and financial planning.
2. Reviews and prepares routine financial reports to monitor revenue projections and expenditure analysis.
3. Recommends corrective courses of action when necessary to insure expenditures will not exceed budgeted appropriations.
4. Responds to various requests for financial research, prepares detailed reports on assigned projects such as developing impact studies concerning specific actions to facilitate decision making authorities.
5. Prepares and processes financial system transactions such as payments for services received or billing for services rendered to ensure accurate transaction recording and processing.
6. Maintains control on transfers between departmental budget accounts to ensure transfers are made between the right accounts and posted accurately.
7. Processes requisitions for daily operating expenditures and budgeted items and that appropriate paperwork is completed in compliance with requirements.
8. Performs a variety of activities such as development of issue papers, bond rating notebooks, written correspondence to assist management.
Working Conditions & Hazards:
- Normal office working conditions.
Bachelor's degree in public administration or business fields OR four years experience in financial analysis, budget planning/monitoring or accounting. Requires PC skills for spreadsheet analysis. A four-year combination of specified education and experience will qualify.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, accepted accounting procedures and standard practices.
- Ability to use computer software related to accounting and the budgetary process.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this classification and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Internal Number: HRNCS-BUDANALYST-MGT-180
About City Of Dallas
Dallas City Hall is the seat of municipal government of the city of Dallas, Texas, United States. It is located at 1500 Marilla in the Government District of downtown Dallas.
BACK TO TOP
NFBPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NFBPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NFBPA Career Center.