POSITION SUMMARY: The City Administrator shall be the chief executive officer to the Mayor and the Board of Aldermen and as such shall be the administrative officer of the City government. The City Administrator may head one or more departments and shall be responsible to the mayor and board for proper administration and management of the government business, officers, and employees of the City.
• Must have a public administrative background and have an in-depth understanding of the mechanics of a large municipality.
• Must have experience working with $100 million-plus public sector budgets.
• Must have experience working with large capital municipal projects.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license and be insurable under the city's motor vehicle insurance coverage.
PREFERED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING
• A Master's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Public Administration, or a closely related field is preferred.
• Must be at least 25 years of age.
• Must be able and willing to reside in the City limits and devote full-time performance of the duties of the office.
• Must not have any adverse employment actions "for cause" in employment history.
• Must be highly engaged in the department's goals and be able to work cooperatively with the mayor, Board of Alderman, officers, and employees of the City in achieving those goals.
• Must possess a high degree of integrity, strong work ethic and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must demonstrate excellent customer service to those of internal or external to the department.
• Must possess strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills, strong interpersonal communication and relational skills, good organizational and project management skills, sound judgment, initiative, flexibility and detail-oriented.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation and drug and alcohol screenings.
Located in the Ozark Mountains in Southwest Missouri, Branson is the focus of international attention as an outstanding entertainment and tourism destination due to its natural scenic beauty and live, family-orientated entertainment. Branson is known for its picturesque views, two man-made lakes for great fishing, hiking trails, year-round shopping, world-class restaurants, music shows, and multiple attractions.
Branson is dedicated to preserving, promoting, and championing our core values of Family, Faith, Friends, Flag, and Future as we ensure continued success for our beautiful city. We are more than just a workplace. We are a company that prides itself on values and the people that we employ.