The history of Cameron, Texas dates to the earliest days of Texas statehood. In 1846, less than a year after Texas became a U.S. state, a seven-member commission appointed by the Texas Legislature acquired land on the Little River to establish a community to serve as the seat of Milam County. Named after a Scottish highlander, Ewen Cameron who was prominent in the Texas Revolution, the community was called Cameron. It was one of Texas’ original 23 municipalities. Situated at the junction of U.S. highways 77 and 36, Cameron is about 70 miles northeast of Austin in north-central Milam County. It encompasses 4.2 square miles and is home to about 5,500 residents. The City Manager is responsible for implementing the policies and programs of the Mayor and City Council, as well as overs
This job listing is no longer active.
Check the left side of the screen for similar opportunities.